Do you have deep competence in molecular biology? And would you be triggered by a senior R&D role in an impact start-up aiming to adapt agriculture to climate change for global food security? Then we might be a match!
Who are we?
OlsAro Crop Biotech AB, an agtech start-up developing solutions to adapt agriculture to climate change. With salinity being one of the major abiotic stressors affecting crop plants worldwide, commercialisation of salt tolerant wheat lines is the initial target for OlsAros scaleup journey. With 9% of the world’s arable land and 20-50% of the world’s irrigated arable land that face challenges being used for crop cultivation due to high salinity, the market is massive. OlsAro are also working towards markers for salt tolerance as well as being an enabler of additional traits in wheat, such as high protein and drought tolerance.
Who are you?
To support the ongoing global scaleup journey OlsAro are looking to strengthen the team with a Senior Molecular Biologist with the following profile:
- You have a PhD as well as and post-doctoral experience in molecular biology and related areas like biochemistry, genetics, genomics and bioinformatics. Previous experience of plants and agriculture is a plus.
- You are a curious and positive person that enjoy finding creative ways to solve problems and move things forward.
- Apart from being detail oriented as a researcher you also have the ability to contribute to strategy development processes where a holistic perspective is central.
- You are passionate about finding and building a knowledgeable research team. If you have previous documented experience of running a lab and leading a team through an expansive phase it´s a plus.
- You feel confident in being an R&D spokesperson and enjoy creating new contacts and business relationships.
- A plus if you have a commercial understanding and industry/start-up experience.
- You are eager to be part of a fun scale up journey.
- Fluent in English both written and orally, and preferably also Swedish
What will you do?
You will join the current R&D team constituted by the founders, Henrik Aronsson & Olof Olsson, and focus on coordination and practical execution of ongoing and future applications, including:
- Gene expression analysis
- Development of genetic markers
- Development and application of new genetic and biochemical assays as well as general trouble shooting
- Cultivating and crossing plants
- Strategically develop, coordinate, and execute on current R&D plans
- Dialog with customers for development of new projects
- Apply for research/public funding
- Leadership of future R&D employees
How will we team up?
OlsAro is to date early on in our team-building-journey, and you will be supported by a small but highly skilled and enthusiastic team including the CEO Elén Faxö and the founders Olof Olsson and Henrik Aronsson, both founders having deep research experiences in the molecular biology/agriculture sector. OlsAro is also supported by GU Ventures, one of the world’s leading incubators, with over 20 years of experience of turning budding ideas and scientific breakthroughs into thriving businesses.
- Location: In premises at the Department of Biology and Environmental Science at the University of Gothenburg, located at Carl Skottbergsgatan 22b, the so-called Botanhuset.
- Deadline for application: Submit you CV, Cover Letter and answer our questions by January 31th 2022 at latest. Applications will be evaluated continuously.
For more information